It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Anyone have a photo of this engine?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:33 pm 

A Davenport 0-4-0T at West Liberty, Iowa.

http://test.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=1470
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Or this engine?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:49 pm 

Another Davenport 0-4-0T at Fredonia, Kansas.


http://test.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=5319
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Or this engine?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:51 pm 

Another Davenport 0-4-0T at Langstaff, Ontario.


http://test.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=1890
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Yet another
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:55 pm 

Another Davenport 0-4-0T at Sargent, Pennsylvania.


http://test.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=1676
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yet another
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:02 pm 

> Another Davenport 0-4-0T at Sargent,
> Pennsylvania.

Bob,

We looked at this one, about 10 years ago, as a candidate for our museum at Rochester, NY. According to J. David's book, it was moved to this location circa 1914. It was in, what appeared to be, its original engine house when we inspected it around 1995 (a loco in the same house for 80-90 years has to be fairly rare).

It evidently had had a dry pipe failure at some point, because there was an external dry pipe, running from the steam dome along the side of the boiler, to the smoke box. This definitely did have the appearance of "original equipment".

John Redden


  
 
 Post subject: Correction
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:05 pm 

Correction:

The dry pipe did NOT have the appearance of original equipment.

JR

> Bob,

> We looked at this one, about 10 years ago,
> as a candidate for our museum at Rochester,
> NY. According to J. David's book, it was
> moved to this location circa 1914. It was
> in, what appeared to be, its original engine
> house when we inspected it around 1995 (a
> loco in the same house for 80-90 years has
> to be fairly rare).

> It evidently had had a dry pipe failure at
> some point, because there was an external
> dry pipe, running from the steam dome along
> the side of the boiler, to the smoke box.
> This definitely did have the appearance of
> "original equipment".

> John Redden


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Or this engine?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:04 pm 

> Another Davenport 0-4-0T at Fredonia,
> Kansas.

Okay, so I have a pretty comprehensive collection of slides of this engine at Fredonia. If anybody is interested, I can scan the slides into Digital format. Are you asking to see the photos, or that I post them to steamlocomotive.info, or something else?

I'm not entirely sure that it is a Davenport, since the builder's plate is missing. As I recall, this engine is not in David Conrad's book, so I don't really have any independent way to check the history. There are also a couple of four-wheel side dump cars displayed along with it.

I guess I also have slides of several other steamers in Kansas and Oklahoma which are lacking photos at steamlocomotive.info.

Dan Rohrback


dan-rohrback@cox.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Or this engine?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:16 pm 

> Okay, so I have a pretty comprehensive
> collection of slides of this engine at
> Fredonia. If anybody is interested, I can
> scan the slides into Digital format. Are you
> asking to see the photos, or that I post
> them to steamlocomotive.info, or something
> else?

> I'm not entirely sure that it is a
> Davenport, since the builder's plate is
> missing. As I recall, this engine is not in
> David Conrad's book, so I don't really have
> any independent way to check the history.
> There are also a couple of four-wheel side
> dump cars displayed along with it.

> I guess I also have slides of several other
> steamers in Kansas and Oklahoma which are
> lacking photos at steamlocomotive.info.

> Dan Rohrback

I would be extremely grateful for any fill-ins you could possibly provide.

Regards,
Doug Bailey
www.steamlocomotive.info


Soo Line 451


  
 
 Post subject: Fredonia saddletanker
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:32 am 

I would suggest posting several photos and what information you have as a news brief or at least on the Interchange. Doug could then select the best one for his website.

> I would be extremely grateful for any
> fill-ins you could possibly provide.

> Regards,
> Doug Bailey
> www.steamlocomotive.info


ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: