It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: "Hey Aarne"
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:05 am 

he now has a 1961 black
> Lincoln four-door, with turquoise plastic
> upholstery!

Aarne:

If you were 36 in '89, then we are the same age. I have loved "suicide door" Lincolns since I was a wee lad. Maybe there is a genetic twist to us all after all.

Neat car!

Scott


shawsinoly@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Hey Aarne"
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:58 am 

> If you were 36 in '89, then we are the same
> age. I have loved "suicide door"
> Lincolns since I was a wee lad. Maybe there
> is a genetic twist to us all after all.

> Neat car!

> Scott

If you were 50 in '89 you probably would have seen "suicide doors" the first time around ...my godfathers Packard had them ...back when you stepped up on the running board and then up into the body ...there were still a few of those around also.

Didn't really appreciate opening two piece windshields but I still miss the vent windows in the front doors! The neighbor in the back got rid of his Dodge when the wood spokes dried out and the wheels rattled ...I have the acetylene driving lamp from the next door neighbors Franklin. Whole different world!

lamontdc@adelphia.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: