It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: boiler studs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:27 pm 

I have a question regaring removing boiler studs. In the past I have just heated the shell of the boiler and wrenched them out. Usually they come out and no damage to the threads and the hole is reusable. Knowing a little bit about heat treating and a fair amount about welding (code and non code welding}I feel there is no danger in this method. After all the heat from welding is much more intense then heating up with a torch. So the question is, "is this way of removing studs acceptable or not". I do not quench the shell with water or anything. I would appreciate and knowledgable comments from experienced boiler people. Thanks, John

springfield@tds.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: