It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Delaware restaurant equipment?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:25 pm 

What equipment is this that is to become part of a restaurant in Delaware?

http://www.delmarvanow.com/bethanybeach/stories/20040121/267049.html
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Delaware restaurant equipment?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:21 pm 

Ex-Queen Anne's RR engine and coaches.


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Delaware restaurant equipment?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:34 pm 

We have confirmed the steam loco is Queen Anne's?Wilmington & Western/Wawa & Concordville/US Navy 0-6-0T #3, already at the proposed site, I'm told. Which of the QARR coaches is still a mystery to me; they had some MP54's and a couple NH(?) stainless cars.

LNER4472-NOSPAM-@bcpl.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Delaware restaurant equipment?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:02 pm 

> We have confirmed the steam loco is Queen
> Anne's?Wilmington & Western/Wawa &
> Concordville/US Navy 0-6-0T #3, already at
> the proposed site, I'm told. Which of the
> QARR coaches is still a mystery to me; they
> had some MP54's and a couple NH(?) stainless
> cars.
Alexander, I was told the same. I went looking for this locomotive in September, knowing it had been moved to Ocean View. I never saw it. So I called the developer, and a young woman told me that it was there, but behind mounds of dirt. I remember as a boy riding behind it on the Wawa and Concordville!!!!

Paul


  
 
 Post subject: Wawa & Concordville RR history
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:06 pm 

While we're on the topic of former Wawa & Concordville equipment, I am putting the finishing touches on my history article on the W&C for the RRMPA's journal, MILEPOST. Hopefully it will appear sometime in 2004, quite possibly as a two-part piece (yes, it's that long!). Stay tuned.

> Alexander, I was told the same. I went
> looking for this locomotive in September,
> knowing it had been moved to Ocean View. I
> never saw it. So I called the developer, and
> a young woman told me that it was there, but
> behind mounds of dirt. I remember as a boy
> riding behind it on the Wawa and
> Concordville!!!!

> Paul


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: