It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Lee Tidewater #4 updates?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:37 pm 

Anybody have any info on how the Hardin group is coming along with the Lee Tidewater #4? Next time I get down that way I plan on stopping in to see her, she's kind of cute. Regards, John.

springfield@tds.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lee Tidewater #4 updates?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:36 am 

John,
As of this past fall, we have all of the tubes out of #4, the cab off and are in the process of needle gunning the inside shell of the boiler.
This past year we did not get as much done on her as we had planned, due to some other issues that required us to shift our efforts to.

We will keep the group updated on the progress we make.
Bruce Pierce
Mid-South Rail Heritage Foundation

> Anybody have any info on how the Hardin
> group is coming along with the Lee Tidewater
> #4? Next time I get down that way I plan on
> stopping in to see her, she's kind of cute.
> Regards, John.


http://www.midsouthrail.org
brucepierce@frankelectro.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lee Tidewater #4 updates?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:19 pm 

Thanks for the response Bruce. I really like that engine, wish I lived closer so I could help out. Good luck and let us know what you find, hopefully good news on the fire box. John

> John,
> As of this past fall, we have all of the
> tubes out of #4, the cab off and are in the
> process of needle gunning the inside shell
> of the boiler.
> This past year we did not get as much done
> on her as we had planned, due to some other
> issues that required us to shift our efforts
> to.

> We will keep the group updated on the
> progress we make.
> Bruce Pierce
> Mid-South Rail Heritage Foundation


springfield@tds.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lee Tidewater #4 updates? *PIC*
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:06 pm 

> Thanks for the response Bruce. I really like
> that engine, wish I lived closer so I could
> help out. Good luck and let us know what you
> find, hopefully good news on the fire box.
> John

Something that wasn't mentioned, but is like most museums, is that you may not be able to help physically, but any contributions you would care to send, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart

Mid-South Rail Heritage Foundation
Image
davenport6_1941@msn.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: