It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Exchange program
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:05 am 

Please understand I was just kidding. Really though, the conditions railway workers face in China probably aren't much better (and in some ways are worse) than my great grandfather faced at the turn of the century. In that respect, it could be a true trip back in time.

ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: C&NW GP7/9 elec prints
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:59 pm 

This might be out there, but I though this group might have some leads on this. I am looking for electrical prints for the GP7/9's that went through C&NW's rebuild program in the 1970s. I have two of these locomotives on the roster and no electrical prints to go with them. Both are ex UP GP9 locomotives that were sold to the C&NW with out prime movers. They were re-engined by the C&NW with EMD 567B engines (had 567C originally), and reclassified as GP-7's (which explains the GP9 tag that is still attached to the 711). Both were rewired, and I belive this is when the 777 lost it's dynamic brake equipment. Both retain their original control stand and 24RL brakes, but both recieved new radiator cores. I'm not sure when the short hoods were chopped (I would rather have the high hoods personally)

The GSMR 711 (frame #5320-14) was built as UP 218, then C&NW 4380
The GSMR 777 (frame #5362-15) was built as UP 277, then C&NW 4382

I would also be interested in any other pictures or information on these locomotives.

Thanks!

Ryan Scott


lima709@usadaily.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: