It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Museum Professionals are not the enemy!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:53 pm 

> I don't

> Are you confusing hostility with envy?

> BTW, you can be both a professional AND
> volunteer at the same time.
Thats right! One can be a volunteer and a paid/professional at the same time! I know plenty of guys that fill this role very well!
Oh, I am also a paid person, and a volunteer!

SOUTHERN630@HOTMAIL.COM


  
 
 Post subject: 1958
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:04 am 

The 90 I remember, at Eaton, in 1958. It would have been nice to keep it in Colorado, but it would probably be rusting in a park instead of the magnificent machine that Strasburg has maintained so well..

90 in 1958
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Lima Loco Works
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:59 am 

Below is a link to an aerial photo of the Lima Loco Works (now deceased) in April of 1989 on the Terraserver. Scroll the photo up to the top center arrow to see the turntable (still there as far as I know) and foundations for the NKP yard roundhouse that was adjacent to the works. What a scene that must have been when both the yard and the works were in their prime.


Lima Locomotive Works
hkading@rypn.org


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: