It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pullman Heavyweight Ferdinand Magellan
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:34 pm 

Does anyone know what happened to this car? Last I heard it was owned by a museum in Florida. This car was used by Presidents of the United States, extremely rare, I beleive the heaviest Pullman made because of the armour and stuff. Any way does anyone know where it is and what is planned for it? I read a while ago that for some reason it was sitting in RMDI's yard in Coxton PA. Is it still there?

Thanks

Mike


  
 
 Post subject: Still in Florida
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:47 am 

Check out the link.

Ferdinand Magellan


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Still in Florida
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:35 pm 

I think the wires may have been crossed somewhere along the line. Two former US Army hospital cars that were to be restored at Steamtown were move to RMDI a few years ago after they were deaccessioned by GCRM.

Dave Crosby

bing@epix.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: