It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Can any identify these abandoned cabooses? *PIC*
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:11 am 

I found these in a farmer's field in between Eugene and Florence, Oregon just off of Hwy 126.

I could only take pictures from a distance. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about them? They appear to be wood cabooses, which would make them super old right? Also, the colors appear to be Burlington Northern, but that's all I can figure. Any information or speculation would be appreciated.

Here's another picture:

http://www.brian894x4.com/RYPNtemp1d.jpg

My Abandoned Railroad Page
Image
brianmccamish@msn.com


  
 
 Post subject: Former NP car
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:36 am 

> I found these in a farmer's field in between
> Eugene and Florence, Oregon just off of Hwy
> 126.

> I could only take pictures from a distance.
> I was wondering if anyone could tell me
> anything about them? They appear to be wood
> cabooses, which would make them super old
> right? Also, the colors appear to be
> Burlington Northern, but that's all I can
> figure. Any information or speculation would
> be appreciated.

> Here's another picture:

> http://www.brian894x4.com/RYPNtemp1d.jpg

It is a former NP car in BN colors.

Don C.

milw261@sbcglobal.net


  
 
 Post subject: No Smoking
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:54 am 

No Smoking Within 300 Feet!


  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Smoking
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:33 pm 

> No Smoking Within 300 Feet!

They're probably so water logged they wouldn't burn if you poured gasoline on them.


greg@nospam.skittercreek.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Smoking ;-)
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:08 pm 

> They're probably so water logged they
> wouldn't burn if you poured gasoline on
> them.

No Open Flame, either.


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former NP car
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:00 pm 

> It is a former NP car in BN colors.

> Don C.

Thanks for the info, do you by chance have any further details. Maybe an estimate when they were built? I figure at least before World War 2.


brianmccamish@msn.com


  
 
 Post subject: Try this link
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:02 pm 

Try this link for a sister car which has been preserved by the MTM in Minneapolis-St. Paul. Their car was built in 1901. Hope this helps.

Don C.

http://www.mtmuseum.org/?body=jsr/roster/np1264.html

milw261@sbcglobal.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Try this link
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:46 am 

> Try this link for a sister car which has
> been preserved by the MTM in Minneapolis-St.
> Paul. Their car was built in 1901. Hope this
> helps.

> Don C.

>
> http://www.mtmuseum.org/?body=jsr/roster/np1264.html

That was very helpful. Thanks. It certainly does look just like the exact same model. I can't believe they are that old and just sitting there rotting away. It's so depressing. I wish someone could haul them away and give them some TLC. Oh well.


My Abandoned Railroad Page
brianmccamish@msn.com


  
 
 Post subject: Anti-Gravity
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:44 am 

> I found these in a farmer's field in between
> Eugene and Florence, Oregon just off of Hwy
> 126.

Maybe the owner is using them to complete work and perfect an ANTI-GRAVITY device. I cannot see what else could be holding them upright.

Looks like they are candidates for anyone needing spare caboose trucks.

Bob Kutella


68trolley@comcast.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: