It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Smoky Mountain 110
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:19 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 382
I came across something interesting this past Saturday...

While looking through some archival photo albums of the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, I came across two sets of photos of the Smoky Mountain 110. The first set was taken in August, 1963. The second set was taken in 1971 (September I believe). In both sets, the locomotive looked very sad. Mother Nature was taking her over by 1971.

I'll see if I can get Steve Freer (or someone) to scan them and maybe we can figure out how to post them.

_________________
G. Mark Ray - TVRM
www.tvrail.com


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: