It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hotels Near Strasburg
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:12 am 

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:44 am
Posts: 78
Location: Ohio
I am planning on visiting the Strasburg RR on the 8th of October on my way to the EBT Fall Event. The problem is that it seems every hotel in the area is booked...at least what is listed on line. I was wondering if anyone that is in or is familiar with the area could give me an idea on some small hole in the wall hotel/motel that I could possibly try for the one night. It doesnt have to be much. A shower and a bed is all I need.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hotels Near Strasburg
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:31 am 

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:18 pm
Posts: 216
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Yo Greg,

At the risk of providing you with some useless information, a friend and I camped near Hershey last summer, and as part of it I dragged him out to Strasburg for a day. It's not a hard drive, and only took us about 35-45 min. If everythings booked up in strasburg, you might want to look there. I know there's a lot of lodging in the area.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hotels Near Strasburg
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:10 am 

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:44 am
Posts: 78
Location: Ohio
Thanks Tim, I will certainly look into it. See you around the OC.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hotels Near Strasburg
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:54 am 

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:53 pm
Posts: 660
Greg,

my hotel suggestions would be the Best Western on Route 30 in Paradise, or the Motel 6 about a half-mile west of the BW on Route 30.

In Strasburg proper, there is the Carriage House Motor Inn near the railroad.

Try this page - there are lots of other hotels listed.

http://padutch.com/mem-hotels.shtml


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hotels Near Strasburg
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:04 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:35 pm
Posts: 419
Location: NJ
I stayed at the Macintosh Inn on Route 30 in Lancaster, about 5-6 miles from Strasburg. Cost was $72 for the night for my family of four, breakfast included. Nice, clean, plenty of parking. I also saw ads posted on the signs in front of some hotels in the same area with an AARP rate of $42 per night.

Plenty of places to eat, like Fudruckers, Texas Roadhouse, and local fare within walking distance too.

Anything on Route 30 in Lancaster is reasonably close to Strasburg. Not many hotels that would be listed on the internet in or near Strasburg proper. Look like mostly mom and pop places in Strasburg.

Chris


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: How about the Red Caboose Motel?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:46 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 188
Is it still in business?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hotels Near Strasburg
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:10 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 1116
Location: Warren, PA
Last Sept. I stayed down there in the Dutch Treat Motel. Certainly not a name brand (Mom & Pop), but good enough for a quick stay. Rates reasonable and very close to the railroad, just north of Strasburg on the main drag.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hotels Near Strasburg
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:07 am 

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:53 pm
Posts: 660
My understanding is that the Red Caboose Motel is in foreclosure and being operated on behalf of the bank. On my last two visits to Strasburg (April and July) the parking lot always looked empty.

I think I'd find someplace else.

JAC


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hotels Near Strasburg
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:27 am 

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:19 pm
Posts: 4
I stayed at the Canadiana Motel on Rte 30 last summer. It was an okay place and next door to Cracker Barrel resturant.

Address: 2390 Lincoln Hwy E, Lancaster, PA 17602
Phone: (717) 397-6531


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: motels
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:15 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:53 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Lancaster PA
There is a Comfort Inn at the Centerville Road exit of RT 30, just west of the city. You may also try at the Prospect Road exit, there are 2 motels. I believe one is a Sleep Inn.
It would probably take you a half hour to an hour, depending on traffic, to get to the railroad.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: