| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| No. 90's sister https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10644 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | No. 90's sister |
Baldwin stock model decapod, built for the Seaboard Air Line, last used by the Gainesville Midland in Georgia. On display at Winder, GA. http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/sh ... ll&page=18 |
|
| Author: | rypnorg [ Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: No. 90's sister |
bobyar2001 wrote: Baldwin stock model decapod, built for the Seaboard Air Line, last used by the Gainesville Midland in Georgia. On display at Winder, GA.
Winder happens to be you Moderator's father's ancestral home town--my dad was raised on a cotton farm next to the Gainsville Midland four miles north of Winder (note--Winder is on the abandoned branch of the GM, not the suviving route to Athens). I worshipped that engine as a train-loving little boy--I begged my parents to go see it every time we went to Winder to visit. I watched this locomotive being moved to its current shelter on a new siding next to the SAL depot (now Chamber of Commerce) when I was a teenager, in town to see my relatives. I should still have some black and white photos of the move somewhere in my files. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|