| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| New Interchange https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10649 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Ted Miles [ Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | New Interchange |
[size=7][/size][size=12][/size] Hume, You have made this more complicated than before; it was working fine as far as I can tell. I like this web site and will try to work with your bells and whistles. Does not all thais new computer stuff cost the RYPN extra money? Ted Miles |
|
| Author: | Hume Kading [ Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Interchange |
Ted Miles wrote: Hume, You have made this more complicated than before; it was working fine as far as I can tell. I like this web site and will try to work with your bells and whistles. Does not all thais new computer stuff cost the RYPN extra money? Ted Miles The new software is free. Upgrading the old Webbbs software would have actually cost money. I know people miss the old software but it had its issues. Not saying the new software is/will be perfect, but we're hopeful it will allow retaining a much larger archive of posts in a single, searchable format, and enhance the value of the Interchange to the preservation community. If you really miss Webbbs you can still go to the Chaski board at http://www.chaski.com/cgi-bin/webbbs_fo ... fg_rfan.pl But, we hope you'll stay with us too and give the new board a chance. Must say initial usage seems very encouraging. Please note one very nice new feature. If you notice a mistake after a post you can use the edit button to fix it. |
|
| Author: | rypnorg [ Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Interchange |
Ted Miles wrote: Hume, You have made this more complicated than before; it was working fine as far as I can tell. I like this web site and will try to work with your bells and whistles. Does not all thais new computer stuff cost the RYPN extra money? Just to amplify on what Hume said--supporting the old software with its various issues was becoming a serious drain on Hume's and my time and energy. Just this past week I spent a great deal of time troubleshooting various issues some users were having. This was becoming insupportable for you volunteer Webmaster and Moderator. |
|
| Author: | scottychaos [ Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Interchange |
I like this format MUCH MUCH MUCH better!!! :) I like having individual headers for each topic, with the old format, it was annoying having EVERY reply in one huge monster list.. this format is much easier to find topics, and much neater.. love it! good job on the upgrade, thanks! Scot |
|
| Author: | Pullman [ Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Very interesting... |
Change is good, now and then. Shake the trees and see who falls out. Might take some getting used to, but so far it's easier to navigate. Thanks folks, for all the efforts here. Much appreciated! |
|
| Author: | LS&I33 [ Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Forums |
hello, i am wanting to make a fourm on the LS&I 33 Only where did you come up with these forums what site offers them i like the design. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|