| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Looking for abandoned & interesting RR stuff in Idaho. https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10665 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Brian894x4 [ Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Looking for abandoned & interesting RR stuff in Idaho. |
I'm taking a 4 day trip to Idaho this coming weekend and was wondering if anyone had any tips on major abandoned railroads, structures, tunnels or bridges I could hunt down. I'll mainly be searching out old mines and ghosttowns on this trip, but anything interesting RR related that is generally located between I-90 to the north and Boise to the south would really be helpful. I understand there has been some major abandonments over there lately. Actually while I'm asking, any interesting mine or ghost town info for Idaho would really be helpful as well. Trying to plan the trip right now. Looking for the real deal (no touristy stuff), remote and bad roads aren't a problem, hopefully located on accessable and/or public lands. Thanks for any help! |
|
| Author: | Brian894x4 [ Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looking for abandoned & interesting RR stuff in Idah |
Can anyone tell me which sections of the Camas-Praire were abandoned recently and if any of the bridges, tunnels, or even track still remain? I can figure out where everything is if you could just tell me which points on the line were abandoned and if it's worth exploring. Also, does anyone know anymore about the Marble Creek Climax posted on Rumorweb that is supposed to be abandoned in the woods near the Marble Creek Watershed area. Does it really exist? Thanks. |
|
| Author: | J.B.Bane [ Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looking for abandoned & interesting RR stuff in Idah |
Brian, if you are heading south on 95, pull into the park at Potlatch, Id. The hiway misses Potlatch by 1/4 mile or so. They have a really neat locomotive preserved which is WI&M #1. Also in Lewiston is a 90ton Heisler on display. There is a lot of abandoned rr ROW comming down through the Palouse country. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|