| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| F&EV violation https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10683 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | F&EV violation |
News about the Fremont & Elkhorm Valley tourist RR in Nebraska being ordered to move its cars out of town. http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/q.cgi?p127028842 Is F&EV a common carrier? If so, I don't think the city has a claim. If not, then they might make things difficult enough legally to hurt the group's finances. |
|
| Author: | Wooly [ Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: F&EV violation |
They are a tourist/dinnertrain. They go from Fremont to Hooper & return on ex CNW track that went at one time to Norfolk & hooked up with the Cowboy line. At one point in time the motive power was ex Reader Railroad 1702 2-8-0 that I think is somewhere on the east coast now. I do not know if they are common carrier but have around for at least 20 years. Wonder what they did to make Hooper NE upset............Wooly |
|
| Author: | Brian Norden [ Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: F&EV violation |
I don't know about common carrier status. But it has been affiliated with the Nebraska Chapter of the NRHS. |
|
| Author: | hi-plains [ Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 1702's disposition |
[quote="Wooly"] At one point in time the motive power was ex Reader Railroad 1702 2-8-0 that I think is somewhere on the east coast now. [/quote] At the Great Smoky Mountains RR, North Carolina... |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|