| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Is B&O 51 complete? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10716 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Is B&O 51 complete? |
Baltimore & Ohio's first streamlined diesel at the B&O Museum. Is this unit complete with prime movers, generators, traction motors, steam generator etc., or is it just a shell? Does it retain the original Winton V-12s? |
|
| Author: | Kevin Gillespie [ Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is B&O 51 complete? |
B&O #51 has her original Winton prime movers. I have been inside her, and can verify that they were there six months before the roof collapse. I belive that her generators were removed, although I believe the traction motors are still there. Unfortunately, her years of outdoor display preclude the operational restoration of the Winton's. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|