| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Come Ride Plymouth #1 and Caboose at Strasburg RR Daily! https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10758 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | K.R. Bell [ Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Come Ride Plymouth #1 and Caboose at Strasburg RR Daily! |
For the month of August as part of the "Imagine the World" theme month, Strasburg RR is offering a rare daily caboose hop within yard limits at Strasburg, with Plymouth #1 and the DT&I wooden caboose. Ride boards at East Strasburg depot after reg. train departs and before it returns (x2 an hour), continues to J-Tower, backs through run around, reverses direction at east end of coach yard and passes regular steam train near enginehouse on siding before returning to depot. If I recall correctly, the price is $2 per person if you have already purchased the regular train ride ticket, or $5 per person without reg. tickets. It is also included in the other "package" railroad tickets offered. Come relieve a piece of Strasburg RR history last experienced in the late 50s and early 60s! |
|
| Author: | K.R. Bell [ Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | My faux pas--I meant September, NOT August! ;-) |
My faux pas--I meant September, not August! |
|
| Author: | Tom Watson [ Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Plymouth rides |
Kurt- You beat me to it. I was going to correct you. So far the rides have been popular, people love caboose rides. |
|
| Author: | Al Patterson [ Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Come Ride Plymouth #1 and Caboose at Strasburg RR Daily! |
I was up at Strasburg today, and I rode the caboose ride. Now, all I have to do is ride the LO&S car and the blue thing, and I've rode behind everything. Nice job! |
|
| Author: | Tom Watson [ Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Caboose rides |
Al- Thomas will be here for 9 days starting Sept. 18 and the L.O.&S. starts the beginning of November. We probably spoke today as I was the redcap. Tom |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|