It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Interchange
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:20 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:05 am
Posts: 1140
Location: San Francisco
[size=7][/size][size=12][/size]

Hume,

You have made this more complicated than before; it was working fine as far as I can tell.

I like this web site and will try to work with your bells and whistles.
Does not all thais new computer stuff cost the RYPN extra money?

Ted Miles


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Interchange
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:36 am 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:01 pm
Posts: 213
Location: Seattle, WA
Ted Miles wrote:

Hume,

You have made this more complicated than before; it was working fine as far as I can tell.

I like this web site and will try to work with your bells and whistles.
Does not all thais new computer stuff cost the RYPN extra money?

Ted Miles


The new software is free. Upgrading the old Webbbs software would have actually cost money.

I know people miss the old software but it had its issues. Not saying the new software is/will be perfect, but we're hopeful it will allow retaining a much larger archive of posts in a single, searchable format, and enhance the value of the Interchange to the preservation community.

If you really miss Webbbs you can still go to the Chaski board at

http://www.chaski.com/cgi-bin/webbbs_fo ... fg_rfan.pl

But, we hope you'll stay with us too and give the new board a chance.

Must say initial usage seems very encouraging.

Please note one very nice new feature. If you notice a mistake after a post you can use the edit button to fix it.

_________________
Hume Kading
Don't eat live food.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Interchange
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:33 am 
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:31 pm
Posts: 68
Ted Miles wrote:

Hume,

You have made this more complicated than before; it was working fine as far as I can tell.

I like this web site and will try to work with your bells and whistles.
Does not all thais new computer stuff cost the RYPN extra money?


Just to amplify on what Hume said--supporting the old software with its various issues was becoming a serious drain on Hume's and my time and energy. Just this past week I spent a great deal of time troubleshooting various issues some users were having. This was becoming insupportable for you volunteer Webmaster and Moderator.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Interchange
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:10 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:56 am
Posts: 604
Location: Rochester, NY
I like this format MUCH MUCH MUCH better!!! :)
I like having individual headers for each topic,
with the old format, it was annoying having EVERY reply in one huge monster list..
this format is much easier to find topics, and much neater..
love it!
good job on the upgrade,
thanks!
Scot


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Very interesting...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:36 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:24 am
Posts: 47
Location: Livermore, CA
Change is good, now and then. Shake the trees and see who falls out.

Might take some getting used to, but so far it's easier to navigate.

Thanks folks, for all the efforts here. Much appreciated!

_________________
"Now it's garbage." Oscar Madison, "The Odd Couple" (1968)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Forums
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:44 pm 

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:13 am
Posts: 6
hello,

i am wanting to make a fourm on the LS&I 33 Only where did you come up with these forums what site offers them i like the design.

_________________
-Josh


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: