Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Westside No. 2 work party
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10873
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bobyar2001 [ Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Westside No. 2 work party

Work session planned for Westside Lumber Company narrow gauge Heisler No. 2. displayed in the park at Tuolumne, California:

Hi,

I want to take this opportunity to invite you to a free breakfast at the
Tuolumne Memorial Hall on next Sunday morning, the 19th, at 9 AM. After
breakfast, we will go across the street to Depot Park and do a cosmetic
restoration of the WSLC #2.

I realize that some of you are too far away to make this event, but I
wanted you to know what was happening in Tuolumne. The #2 was last worked
on when it was placed in its present location in June of 1993. The reason
that we are undertaking this effort at this time is to have the #2 make a
good appearance for the 150th birthday party for Tuolumne on the 25th of
September.

We have made arrangements to have equipment and supplies available to take
care of the cosmetic restoration and someone to film the progress of the
restoration. All we need now are the volunteers that have an interest in
making all of this happen.

The Tuolumne City Memorial museum with Art Kauppi in the lead, took up a
collection at the NG Convention in Santa Clara at the first of the month
and we have about $200 from that effort, but will need a little more. I
have included a web page below that you can access and find out the details
for this workday and for sending a contribution to this effort.

http://www.wsrestoration.com/numbertwo.htm

I hope to see you on Sunday next,

Dick

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/