Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Royal Hudson in Sylmar CA
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10926
Page 1 of 1

Author:  california [ Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Royal Hudson in Sylmar, CA

Can anyone tell me the status of the Royal Hudson 2839 being restored in Sylmar, CA? The locomotive is in the Nethercutt Collection but I can't seem to find any information on the locomotive itself.

Author:  Fitz [ Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Hudson

I remember reading a lot of internet traffic a few years ago when the locomotive was shipped from Steamtown (I think) to California. It never was intended to be restored to operating condition, at least then. Apparently it received an excellent cosmetic restoration (I can't vouch for that, have never seen it). Has anyone photographed it?
Now in Oregon, lived in Lancaster, CA for 35 years.

Author:  Josh Wallis [ Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:55 pm ]
Post subject:  CPR 2839

2839 had been stored in Temple, PA on the old BM&R tourist railroad. It then went to California. The Nethercutt organization did a wonderful cosmetic resoration on it and a picture of the final result appeared in Trains magazine a while back. It looks great, and I believe they display it with a collection of antique cars.

Author:  Richard Glueck [ Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Royal Hudson in Sylmar, CA

Is there anything operationally wrong with the 2839? Glad to see her in good hands, but she belongs in CPR territory (my opinion).

Author:  Josh Wallis [ Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  CPR 2839

It really deteriorated while in storage in Temple. Before it was there it ran briefly at the Wilmington and Western, but mechanical problems (I think) sidelined it after just a few months. But I sure loved that engine when it ran for the Southern.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/