It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Strasburg DOWT
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:16 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:51 am
Posts: 218
Location: Wilmington, DE
My 4 year old little girl and I visited the event yesterday. We both had a great time. She enjoyed riding behind Thomas, the Cagney and the Speeder. Dad enjoyed seeing #90 deal with 9 cars, Thomas working pretty hard with 7 cars and seeing his daughter very happy! It was also my first chance to ride on the L.O.&S. motor car. The Plymouth was also there working a caboose hop.

From railfan's point of view consider this: I got to see steam, diesel (33 switching) and gasoline powered locomotives all in one afternoon!

The crews did a wonderful job and could not have been more friendly.

I didn't ask the employee's name, but the fellow running the Speeder was
quite funny. My daughter was talking about him the rest of the day.

Nice Job! I've never seen so many happy faces, both young and old!

-Alan Levy


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Strasburg DOWT
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:16 pm 

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:07 pm
Posts: 2
How were the crowds during the weekdays? I took my son there in June last year it was super busy. I would imagine the turnout during the week would be light since school is in session.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Saturday at STRASBURG w/Thomas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:35 am 

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:21 am
Posts: 10
I arrived Saturday afternoon, parking and traffic seemed to be bad, but it really wasn't. I got in the main parking lot and moved up to the north field and got a spot. All the trains were running, but not sold out, seats were available on all trains. The new passing track added just past the station passing track was a big help. As soon as one train left the next train pulled into the station. Things were moving very well, and plenty of staff everywhere. With all the extras added, nobody got board, something was moving at all times!!!! I never saw Strasburg this busy, but they had all the kinks worked out. And the best was to see #90 running again, its been a while for me, I've always found #475 in the past several visits. Thomas was chugging pretty good too, pulling around 7 coaches, besides the face and blue paint, that little Porter was cool to listen and watch too! Strasburg gets an A+ for this busy day!


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: