| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Hotels Near Strasburg https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11010 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Greg U. [ Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | Hotels Near Strasburg |
I am planning on visiting the Strasburg RR on the 8th of October on my way to the EBT Fall Event. The problem is that it seems every hotel in the area is booked...at least what is listed on line. I was wondering if anyone that is in or is familiar with the area could give me an idea on some small hole in the wall hotel/motel that I could possibly try for the one night. It doesnt have to be much. A shower and a bed is all I need. |
|
| Author: | Tim Botti [ Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hotels Near Strasburg |
Yo Greg, At the risk of providing you with some useless information, a friend and I camped near Hershey last summer, and as part of it I dragged him out to Strasburg for a day. It's not a hard drive, and only took us about 35-45 min. If everythings booked up in strasburg, you might want to look there. I know there's a lot of lodging in the area. |
|
| Author: | Greg U. [ Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hotels Near Strasburg |
Thanks Tim, I will certainly look into it. See you around the OC. |
|
| Author: | johnacraft [ Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hotels Near Strasburg |
Greg, my hotel suggestions would be the Best Western on Route 30 in Paradise, or the Motel 6 about a half-mile west of the BW on Route 30. In Strasburg proper, there is the Carriage House Motor Inn near the railroad. Try this page - there are lots of other hotels listed. http://padutch.com/mem-hotels.shtml |
|
| Author: | cjvrr [ Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hotels Near Strasburg |
I stayed at the Macintosh Inn on Route 30 in Lancaster, about 5-6 miles from Strasburg. Cost was $72 for the night for my family of four, breakfast included. Nice, clean, plenty of parking. I also saw ads posted on the signs in front of some hotels in the same area with an AARP rate of $42 per night. Plenty of places to eat, like Fudruckers, Texas Roadhouse, and local fare within walking distance too. Anything on Route 30 in Lancaster is reasonably close to Strasburg. Not many hotels that would be listed on the internet in or near Strasburg proper. Look like mostly mom and pop places in Strasburg. Chris |
|
| Author: | Fitz [ Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | How about the Red Caboose Motel? |
Is it still in business? |
|
| Author: | Randy Gustafson [ Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hotels Near Strasburg |
Last Sept. I stayed down there in the Dutch Treat Motel. Certainly not a name brand (Mom & Pop), but good enough for a quick stay. Rates reasonable and very close to the railroad, just north of Strasburg on the main drag. |
|
| Author: | johnacraft [ Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hotels Near Strasburg |
My understanding is that the Red Caboose Motel is in foreclosure and being operated on behalf of the bank. On my last two visits to Strasburg (April and July) the parking lot always looked empty. I think I'd find someplace else. JAC |
|
| Author: | rayd [ Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hotels Near Strasburg |
I stayed at the Canadiana Motel on Rte 30 last summer. It was an okay place and next door to Cracker Barrel resturant. Address: 2390 Lincoln Hwy E, Lancaster, PA 17602 Phone: (717) 397-6531 |
|
| Author: | Tom Watson [ Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | motels |
There is a Comfort Inn at the Centerville Road exit of RT 30, just west of the city. You may also try at the Prospect Road exit, there are 2 motels. I believe one is a Sleep Inn. It would probably take you a half hour to an hour, depending on traffic, to get to the railroad. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|