It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Lynchburg Kanawha update
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:53 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:19 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Washington, D.C.
Chris McBride of VMT has been hard at work during September sandblasting and priming the 2760 in Riverside Park. To my regret, it appears the sponsors did not choose to have the poorly-fabricated and inauthentic replacement boiler jacket the locomotive is currently wearing removed; I was hoping they would take it away and blast and paint the bare shell. However, I don't mean to quibble too much--this engine needed help and I'm very grateful for what she's getting from the Lynchburg Kiwanis.

Photos courtesy of my father-in-law Warren Willis, who has volunteered to be our eyes on the scene.

On 9/13/04:

Image

On 9/29/04:

Image

_________________
Erik Ledbetter
www.steamsafari.com


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lynchburg Kanawha update
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:05 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:26 am
Posts: 4777
Location: Maine
Erik: The second photo reminds me that painting the locomotive pink would bring back memories of a Lionel Christmas Catalog from around, when, 1958?

Seriously, the old girl is getting the best of what is available to her. I'm delighted to see people coming to terms with 2760. I'd like to know who is in charge of all this refurbishing activity. They deserve a letter of praise - hard copy, too!

Keep those pictures coming!

Richard

_________________
"It's only impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lynchburg Kanawha update
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:53 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:58 pm
Posts: 1084
I agree, at least something is being done to help the engine out.She looks ten times better already with just the primer. Thanks for the pictures and please keep them comming.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:27 am 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:19 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Washington, D.C.
Richard Glueck wrote:

I'd like to know who is in charge of all this refurbishing activity. They deserve a letter of praise - hard copy, too!


That would be:

Bill Hodges

wlhodges2@centralva.net

_________________
Erik Ledbetter
www.steamsafari.com


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: