| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Lynchburg Kanawha update https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11021 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Erik Ledbetter [ Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Lynchburg Kanawha update |
Chris McBride of VMT has been hard at work during September sandblasting and priming the 2760 in Riverside Park. To my regret, it appears the sponsors did not choose to have the poorly-fabricated and inauthentic replacement boiler jacket the locomotive is currently wearing removed; I was hoping they would take it away and blast and paint the bare shell. However, I don't mean to quibble too much--this engine needed help and I'm very grateful for what she's getting from the Lynchburg Kiwanis. Photos courtesy of my father-in-law Warren Willis, who has volunteered to be our eyes on the scene. On 9/13/04:
On 9/29/04:
|
|
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lynchburg Kanawha update |
Erik: The second photo reminds me that painting the locomotive pink would bring back memories of a Lionel Christmas Catalog from around, when, 1958? Seriously, the old girl is getting the best of what is available to her. I'm delighted to see people coming to terms with 2760. I'd like to know who is in charge of all this refurbishing activity. They deserve a letter of praise - hard copy, too! Keep those pictures coming! Richard |
|
| Author: | Dave Lewandoski [ Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lynchburg Kanawha update |
I agree, at least something is being done to help the engine out.She looks ten times better already with just the primer. Thanks for the pictures and please keep them comming. |
|
| Author: | Erik Ledbetter [ Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: |
Richard Glueck wrote: I'd like to know who is in charge of all this refurbishing activity. They deserve a letter of praise - hard copy, too! That would be: Bill Hodges wlhodges2@centralva.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|