It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Michigan 2-6-0 question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:36 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
The 2-6-0 in the link below was apparently built for the Virginia Central, then later worked for both the Arkansas and Augusta RRs in Arkansas. I seem to recall seeing, however, that it also once worked on the quarry line that later turned into the Stone Mtn. Scenic in Georgia. Anyone know?

http://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomo ... splay=1510


Last edited by bobyar2001 on Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michigan 2-6-0 question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:09 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:07 am
Posts: 138
Location: Central Nebraska
Anybody know where the tender got to??.................................Wooly

_________________
Only The Nose Knows For Sure


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michigan 2-6-0 question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:07 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:32 pm
Posts: 28
Wooly wrote:
Anybody know where the tender got to??.................................Wooly


Still attached to the engine the last I knew. The picture in the link is old. Click on the "Photo Album" button below the picture to see a more recent photo.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michigan 2-6-0 question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:00 am 

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:42 am
Posts: 441
Location: Haslett, Michigan USA
Wow. I'd forgotten this one came into the state. I'm not sure which is stranger: the stack, the paint, the Walschaerts valve gear with D valves, or the name on the tender. I wonder if this is at the industrial park that made use of one of the halves of the Grand Rapids Union Station trainshed?

_________________
Aarne H. Frobom
The Steam Railroading Institute
P. O. Box 665
Owosso, Michigan 48840-0665


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Michigan 2-6-0 question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:20 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:32 pm
Posts: 28
I'm not sure what the origins of the buildings in the Industrial Park are but they are only around 4-5 years old if I remember correctly. The Park is on the east side of US-131 about half way between 28th and downtown.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: