| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Michigan 2-6-0 question https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11347 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Michigan 2-6-0 question |
The 2-6-0 in the link below was apparently built for the Virginia Central, then later worked for both the Arkansas and Augusta RRs in Arkansas. I seem to recall seeing, however, that it also once worked on the quarry line that later turned into the Stone Mtn. Scenic in Georgia. Anyone know? http://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomo ... splay=1510 |
|
| Author: | Wooly [ Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Michigan 2-6-0 question |
Anybody know where the tender got to??.................................Wooly |
|
| Author: | Dave LeCount [ Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Michigan 2-6-0 question |
Wooly wrote: Anybody know where the tender got to??.................................Wooly
Still attached to the engine the last I knew. The picture in the link is old. Click on the "Photo Album" button below the picture to see a more recent photo. |
|
| Author: | Aarne H. Frobom [ Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Michigan 2-6-0 question |
Wow. I'd forgotten this one came into the state. I'm not sure which is stranger: the stack, the paint, the Walschaerts valve gear with D valves, or the name on the tender. I wonder if this is at the industrial park that made use of one of the halves of the Grand Rapids Union Station trainshed? |
|
| Author: | Dave LeCount [ Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Michigan 2-6-0 question |
I'm not sure what the origins of the buildings in the Industrial Park are but they are only around 4-5 years old if I remember correctly. The Park is on the east side of US-131 about half way between 28th and downtown. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|