Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Interchange troubles:service unavailable
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11413
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Mike Tillger [ Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Interchange troubles:service unavailable

Anyone else getting the Service unavailable pages while browsing the Interchange? I seem to be getting more and more of them each day.

Author:  Dave [ Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Interchange troubles:service unavailable

Me too Mike, pleased it wasn't just me. I figured it had to do with the metric system somehow......

dave

Author:  Bob Kutella [ Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Interchange troubles:service unavailable

Add my name to list with the same problem. Sometimes that seems to happen when I first try to view a post, sometimes when I have read it and try to use the left arrow to return to the index.

I have found no other way but to go back to the rypn.org address, and start over. Interestingly this does not cause me to be logged off the site.

Bob Kutella

Author:  Frank Hicks [ Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Interchange troubles:service unavailable

I have been getting those "Sevice Unavailable" pages not only on the Interchange but also on the RyPN home page.

Author:  Hume Kading [ Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Interchange troubles:service unavailable

I was at work today and checked in a couple of times, and I got the Service Unavailable message.

Seems to be OK now.

This is not a problem with the Interchange directly. The database for the Interchange resides on another server. When the service interruptions happen it's because the RyPN's home server gets over loaded.

This will happen occasionally but I concur that for a brief period this afternoon it was bad. I am hoping that was an anomaly. But if it persists please let me know.

Author:  rev66vette [ Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Interchange troubles:service unavailable

I had same problem and like you,upon re-entering system, came right back to the site, but otherwise, other than that minor inconvenience, I did get on. ?????

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/