| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| West Virginia Northern 2-8-0s https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12756 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | gcrr [ Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | West Virginia Northern 2-8-0s |
I just read on www.steamlocomotive.info that the two WVN 2-8-0s that had long been in storage in Pennsylvania had been moved to Elkins, WVa. I had not heard about that. I done a quick search on the net but did not find any photos. What do our RYPN readers know about that? Thanks Matt |
|
| Author: | Alan Maples [ Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: West Virginia Northern 2-8-0s |
It is my understanding that an agreement is in place to sell these engines to the West Virginia Railroad Museum in Elkins. By chance I had a conversation with Don Leap about ten days ago and he indicated that the engines had not been moved and remain on his property near Hyndman, PA. Alan Maples |
|
| Author: | Dave [ Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: West Virginia Northern 2-8-0s |
I'd be much interested in knowing how they will be removed from his property. Quite the undertaking. dave |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|