Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

UP 2295 to move in Boise
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17498
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bobyar2001 [ Thu May 19, 2005 11:58 am ]
Post subject:  UP 2295 to move in Boise

UP 2-8-2 2295 may be moved, soon or in a couple of years, depending on who is asked. This is a former Colorado engine; I last saw it at the 40th Street Shops in Denver in the Fall of 1958, all painted up and ready for display. It may have been the one slated for Cheesman Park in Denver, which was vetoed by the city as being too difficult to install. Personally, I'd rather see it in the Hugo roundhouse, where it used to be serviced. I wrote a couple of the principals involved in the proposed move about the need for journal polishing and greasing before movement, but received no reply. Probably another set of bearings will be destroyed, as in Roseville.http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,924650

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/