| It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:11 am |
|
All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
Military Railroads
Moderators: Rick Rowlands, tomgears, Randy Hees
|
Page 1 of 1 |
[ 3 posts ] |
|
| Richard W. |
|
||
|
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:27 pm Posts: 157 |
|
||
| p51 |
|
|||
|
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:46 pm Posts: 2696 Location: Pac NW, via North Florida |
|
|||
|
Page 1 of 1 |
[ 3 posts ] |
|
All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum |



The round thing in the middle is a MRS conductor's badge, the only one I've ever seen...
Richard, Yep, I have the Gray book. Good reading. I also have both of De Nevi's books and Zeil's as well. I can't find any record of those round badges being used, and recently e-mailed the director of the Army Transportation Museum at Ft Eustis to find out when and where they were used. The training films I have of the Camp Claiborne RR in 1942 don't show it being used there, but I still suspect it's likely a stateside item. I can't imagine someone hopping over freight cars in France with a "insert bullet here" signal like this. If yours is a Brakeman badge, please take a photo and post it here. I for one would like to see it. Did you find any photos or record of him wearing the badge in Europe? I'm also a WW2 re-enactor and would love to able to wear one of these at a tourist RR event I'm trying to get going. What patches are on his uniform? What do those buttons look like?I'm really trying to find good photos of a RR unit's wheeled vehicles, as I'd like to mark up my 1944 Willys Jeep like one. The unit histories I have just don't show the vehicle markings.