Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Chaski Railfan Board
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17521
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Kevin Gillespie [ Sun May 22, 2005 9:32 am ]
Post subject:  Chaski Railfan Board

It seems that the Chaski Board is off line. I tried to log on last night and again this morning with no luck. The flames that were prominent over there a month ago, had died down over the last couple of weeks, and the board was just getting to be enjoyable again. I hope it is back up soon. Does anyone know what is happening?

Author:  Dave Lewandoski [ Sun May 22, 2005 9:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chaski Railfan Board

it's back up now. There's a message from Brian about what was going on

Author:  Kevin Gillespie [ Sun May 22, 2005 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chaski Railfan Board

I just tried it again. No luck. I even tried logging onto Chaski's main web site with no success. Maybe I'll have better luck later today.

Author:  sc 'doc' lewis [ Mon May 23, 2005 12:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chaski Railfan Board--what Wowak said

Board was back up. Here's Brian's quote:
Quote:
I have been talking to the management at Chaski. They're not interested in upgrading the forum software and are considering nuking the forum. In the meantime, they are going to be doing some server work in the coming weeks, so service may be sporadic.
little "snide asides" have started up again in the Steamtown thread and knowing the personalities and such, shutdown should occur sooner than later --IMHO.sc 'doc' lewis

Author:  Mark D. [ Mon May 23, 2005 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chaski Railfan Board--what Wowak said

I was just there and looked specifically for snide asides and didn't find any. For the life of me I can't understand why those things bother people to the point where they would want to kill that board. It's easy to just consider the sourse and move on to another thread. That's still my own favorite forum simply because it is so open. Mark D.

Author:  Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Mon May 23, 2005 1:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Wowak's replacement?

The asides are apparently missing because some mystery moderator has apparently stepped in to continue the job of deleting the extraneous and potentially libelous garbage. Good for him--and I hope s/he stays anonymous.Unfortunately, the board had descended into a bunch of trolls feeding one another, so the "do not feed the trolls" strategy is ineffective there. I'll miss it, but I won't miss the trash I had to wade through to get anything of use there, and I'm sure my fellow former posters feel the same way.

Author:  alzubal [ Wed May 25, 2005 9:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chaski Railfan Board

So have they shut down the site there have been no new posts since the 23rd?Thank YouAl

Author:  Mark D. [ Fri May 27, 2005 11:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chaski Railfan Board

alzubal wrote:
So have they shut down the site there have been no new posts since the 23rd?Thank YouAl
I tried to post there a few days ago and only got something about a server error. But, now it's working fine again. Several new posts. Mark D.

Author:  Wowak [ Fri May 27, 2005 7:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chaski Railfan Board

As I posted over there, the management warned me that they were planning server upgrades and that service would be sporadic indefinitely. Some time in mid-June it seems they will decide if they are going to keep the Railfan forum or eliminate it, according to my discussions with the management.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/