It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: PCC on I-95
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:14 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:51 am
Posts: 218
Location: Wilmington, DE
As I was traveling to work today toward Newark, DE I passed a lowboy trailer with a PCC trolley as a load. I think it was a former SEPTA car, but I couldn't get a good look. Anyone have any info?-Alan Levy


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCC on I-95
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:46 pm 

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 297
My first guess would have been the Brooklyn Navy Yard PCC's, but someone talked with the director's secretary who said all 11 PCC cars and the locomotive were "crushed" and sent to a salvager. She said she didn't know the name of the company.

_________________
Andy Nold


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCC on I-95
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:17 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:34 pm
Posts: 670
Location: Union, IL
Alan S. Levy wrote:
As I was traveling to work today toward Newark, DE I passed a lowboy trailer with a PCC trolley as a load. I think it was a former SEPTA car, but I couldn't get a good look. Anyone have any info?
It's Philadelphia PCC #2732, formerly a member of SEPTA's historic fleet which was auctioned off last month. It's being moved to Glen Echo Park near Washington D.C.; the Park Service is planning to set it up as a display at the entrance to the park to commemorate the fact that Capital Transit used to have a line to Glen Echo.Ain't the internet grand? :-)

_________________
Frank Hicks
Preserved North American Electric Railway Equipment News
Hicks Car Works


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCC on I-95
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:27 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:03 pm
Posts: 9
Location: South Jersey
Frank Hicks has it exactly right.David Noyes


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: