| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| PCC on I-95 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17544 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Alan S. Levy [ Tue May 24, 2005 4:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | PCC on I-95 |
As I was traveling to work today toward Newark, DE I passed a lowboy trailer with a PCC trolley as a load. I think it was a former SEPTA car, but I couldn't get a good look. Anyone have any info?-Alan Levy |
|
| Author: | Andy Nold [ Tue May 24, 2005 4:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PCC on I-95 |
My first guess would have been the Brooklyn Navy Yard PCC's, but someone talked with the director's secretary who said all 11 PCC cars and the locomotive were "crushed" and sent to a salvager. She said she didn't know the name of the company. |
|
| Author: | Frank Hicks [ Tue May 24, 2005 5:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PCC on I-95 |
Alan S. Levy wrote: As I was traveling to work today toward Newark, DE I passed a lowboy trailer with a PCC trolley as a load. I think it was a former SEPTA car, but I couldn't get a good look. Anyone have any info? It's Philadelphia PCC #2732, formerly a member of SEPTA's historic fleet which was auctioned off last month. It's being moved to Glen Echo Park near Washington D.C.; the Park Service is planning to set it up as a display at the entrance to the park to commemorate the fact that Capital Transit used to have a line to Glen Echo.Ain't the internet grand? :-)
|
|
| Author: | David Noyes [ Wed May 25, 2005 11:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PCC on I-95 |
Frank Hicks has it exactly right.David Noyes |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|