It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: M S & N Operations
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:24 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:51 am
Posts: 218
Location: Wilmington, DE
I've been doing some research into early Green Mountain RR / Steamtown operations. I have a couple of good books on the subject, but I'm looking for some addtional facts. There are several pictures of passenger trains meeting at Chester in the mid 60's. One train lettered for GMR and another for M S & N. Can anyone shed some light on what may have been happening here? Where both trains actually Steamtown's? Were they busy enough at any point to run two trains?I vacationed near there often as a child and I am building a model railroad based on the early GMR. It's interesting that #89 was one of the first steam engines I rode behind and that she ended up following me almost all the way home as she is less than an hour from my house! Thanks in advance for any info!-Alan Levy


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: