Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Relay Rail Pricing
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17557
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jim Vaitkunas [ Wed May 25, 2005 6:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Relay Rail Pricing

RyPN readers:This is a question that probably cannot be easily answered, but I'll give it a shot.What is the current going price for 90# RA section Class 1 relay grade steel rail?I realize that the price might differ by region and by vendor, but I'm looking for some "ballpark" figures or representative prices. We are located in Minneapolis.I appreciate are responses I might get. You can post a response to this posting or send an e-mail to me.Thanks!

Author:  Evan [ Thu May 26, 2005 12:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Relay Rail Pricing

We're fortunate in that we have a stockpile of 105 Dudley so I have no idea what current prices are, but I would think the people at Foster Rail Products can give you a quote: http://www.lbfoster.com

Author:  Bob Kutella [ Thu May 26, 2005 6:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Relay Rail Pricing

I think you will be in the ballpark at $500 per ton, IF YOU CAN FIND IT!! It is an ideal size for operations such as yours or ours, and there was a time we thought 90RA was high iron!! But getting more than a few sticks, same lengths, matched drilling, with bars and tieplates is becoming more and more of a challenge.We are putting down two new yards for additional storage, and with leads I bet each one is consuming close to 5000 linear feet.Easy for me to say, but let me know if you find an extra half mile or so at a good or giveaway price.Bob Kutella

Author:  wm303 [ Thu May 26, 2005 9:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Relay Rail Pricing

There are mountains of rails and other track hardware at the Kovalchik Corporation salvage yards in Indiana, PA.. The phone number is 724 349 3300.

Author:  Jack A. Siffert [ Thu May 26, 2005 10:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Relay Rail Pricing

About 3 months ago we bought 3 truck loads of #1 relay 90RE. We used it to build a new yard in the mill. (bummer our line is 90RA) If I remember right it was 315.00 per stick. It was very good rail. Call Atlantic track in Pittsburg and ask for Jason. He had quite a bit at the time. steel is down a little bit right now so you might get a deal. He had the bars and plates as well. all were 39 foot sticks.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/