It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Chaski Railfan Board
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:32 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:50 am
Posts: 489
Location: Columbia, MD
It seems that the Chaski Board is off line. I tried to log on last night and again this morning with no luck. The flames that were prominent over there a month ago, had died down over the last couple of weeks, and the board was just getting to be enjoyable again. I hope it is back up soon. Does anyone know what is happening?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chaski Railfan Board
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:46 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:58 pm
Posts: 1084
it's back up now. There's a message from Brian about what was going on


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chaski Railfan Board
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:31 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:50 am
Posts: 489
Location: Columbia, MD
I just tried it again. No luck. I even tried logging onto Chaski's main web site with no success. Maybe I'll have better luck later today.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chaski Railfan Board--what Wowak said
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:40 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:40 am
Posts: 325
Location: UT
Board was back up. Here's Brian's quote:
Quote:
I have been talking to the management at Chaski. They're not interested in upgrading the forum software and are considering nuking the forum. In the meantime, they are going to be doing some server work in the coming weeks, so service may be sporadic.
little "snide asides" have started up again in the Steamtown thread and knowing the personalities and such, shutdown should occur sooner than later --IMHO.sc 'doc' lewis


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chaski Railfan Board--what Wowak said
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:58 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:24 pm
Posts: 169
Location: Litchfield, MN.
I was just there and looked specifically for snide asides and didn't find any. For the life of me I can't understand why those things bother people to the point where they would want to kill that board. It's easy to just consider the sourse and move on to another thread. That's still my own favorite forum simply because it is so open. Mark D.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Wowak's replacement?
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:37 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:51 pm
Posts: 12170
Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
The asides are apparently missing because some mystery moderator has apparently stepped in to continue the job of deleting the extraneous and potentially libelous garbage. Good for him--and I hope s/he stays anonymous.Unfortunately, the board had descended into a bunch of trolls feeding one another, so the "do not feed the trolls" strategy is ineffective there. I'll miss it, but I won't miss the trash I had to wade through to get anything of use there, and I'm sure my fellow former posters feel the same way.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chaski Railfan Board
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:53 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:05 am
Posts: 118
So have they shut down the site there have been no new posts since the 23rd?Thank YouAl


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chaski Railfan Board
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:01 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:24 pm
Posts: 169
Location: Litchfield, MN.
alzubal wrote:
So have they shut down the site there have been no new posts since the 23rd?Thank YouAl
I tried to post there a few days ago and only got something about a server error. But, now it's working fine again. Several new posts. Mark D.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chaski Railfan Board
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:04 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:29 am
Posts: 401
Location: Scranton, PA
As I posted over there, the management warned me that they were planning server upgrades and that service would be sporadic indefinitely. Some time in mid-June it seems they will decide if they are going to keep the Railfan forum or eliminate it, according to my discussions with the management.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: