| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| the Lost Engines https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17576 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Dave Lewandoski [ Sun May 29, 2005 10:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | the Lost Engines |
.anything new with The Lost Engines? |
|
| Author: | doowoppie [ Sun May 29, 2005 2:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: the Lost Engines |
Hi The Lost Engines have been donated to the Virginia Museum of Transportation. Whether they havve started fundraising or even set a date as to when they will be moved from the Scrapyard to the VMT grounds hasnt been said.Andrew Martin |
|
| Author: | Dave Lewandoski [ Sun May 29, 2005 6:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: the Lost Engines |
doowoppie wrote: Hi The Lost Engines have been donated to the Virginia Museum of Transportation. Andrew Martin that was the last I had heard. I know there was some concern about the absestos, but what I had heard about that was there probably wasn't much to remove due to the jacketing mostly being rusted away.
|
|
| Author: | doowoppie [ Mon May 30, 2005 9:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: the Lost Engines |
DaveThere is alwasy concern over Asbestos. Lots of the lagging had been compromised on those Steam engines but there is still a great deal of Asbestos left on them and I would think what has fallen on the ground will hve to be gotten up too.As far as what the VMT is doing I dont know. Very little has been said since the last article in the Roanoke times was published. So untill something definitive is stated by the VMT then I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.Andrew Martin |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|