| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| UP 945 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18116 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | UP 945 |
In the 1930s, Union Pacific had a historic train that toured the system, with a 4-4-0 and some very old passenger cars. I'm not sure if the engine was operable or the whole train was simply towed from place to place. I've seen both the 943 and 945 on the train, but not sure if it was the same engine renumbered or not. At any rate, one of the 4-4-0s, I think this one, ended up in a park in Idaho, displayed with a Sumpter Valley narrow gauge 2-6-0. Unfortunately, both were lost to the scrap drives of WWII. This photo said to be taken in 1930:http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?january04/01-28-04/UP945CouncilBluffsIA_Aug31_1930.jpg |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|