Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Help location plans.
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18276
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Dougvv [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:12 am ]
Post subject:  Help location plans.

Hi,I am interested in locating plans for the PRR MP54 MU car (and a prototype I can measure and photograph) and a PRR Q2 4-4-6-4 duplex.I have found out that two books might help me but are probably out of print.For the MP54, "Pennsylvania Railroad Passenger and Freight Car Diagrams".For the Q2, "NJ International, in their "Classic Power" series, produced book No. 5, all about the Q2 and its development. It has an excellent folio of HO Scale drawings of the locomotive, with left-side and right-side elevations, many cross sections, separate frame drawings, sundry details and a color rendering, all by Alan B. Chesley. I don't know of its present availability. It was released about fifteen years, ago, and was available through hobby shops."Can you help me out tracking down either books or plans to these two PRR machines?Thanks so much. I am considering making some models.Douglas van Veelen

Author:  Rob Gardner [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Help location plans.

You might want to look up a Joe Mastrarocco. He has built a live steam Q2 in 1.6" scale that is simply incredible. Let me know if you would like to reach him. I think I have his email address and I could forward your info to him. I'm certain he has at least the erection drawing plus some cross section drawings of the Q2.Rob Gardner

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/