| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| North by Northwest https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18309 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | North by Northwest |
We've talked about Hitchcock's "North By Northwest" several times. The 20Th Century is portrayed with NYC E unit 4044. Two cars I can read the names of are "Imperial State" and "Quincy Bay". I think some of the interiors are sets, but the exterior shots look real enough. Any of that equipment survive? Anyone know if they shot on sets for the train scenes? |
|
| Author: | wilkinsd [ Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: North by Northwest |
I've seen a publicity still of them shooting the arrivial in Chicaog at the real LaSalle Street Station. I also remember seeing on TV that the interior scenes were filmed on a soundstage. Hitchcock did not like to shoot on location, as he couldn't control all of the elements. He kept on location filming to a minimum. |
|
| Author: | Tom Cornillie [ Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: North by Northwest |
This question has been extensively answered on the Passenger Car List yahoogroup http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PassengerCarList/Tom Cornillie |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|