It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 464 runs again
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:28 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
Out of service for several years at the Huckleberry RR in Michigan, former D&RGW 2-8-2 464 is again operable. Several photos in the thread below:http://www.ngdiscussion.net/cgi-bin/NGDFcook.pl?read=63692


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 464 runs again
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:57 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:58 pm
Posts: 1084
rode behind her several times. She is indeed a fine looker


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 464 runs again
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:15 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Home of the Terrapins
Rode behind her a long time ago at Knott's. Is that a CB&Q logo on the tender?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 464 runs again
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:07 am
Posts: 1114
Location: Northeastern US
Absolutely beautiful job.

_________________
http://www.restorationstories.com


Last edited by Stephen Hussar on Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 464 runs again
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:04 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:44 am
Posts: 120
Dave Albright wrote:
Rode behind her a long time ago at Knott's. Is that a CB&Q logo on the tender?
It looks similar, but is says Huckleberry Railroad. I think it looks more like a Lackawanna Railroad logo.ImageFrom: http://www.trainweb.org/mmrhs/Erich


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 464 runs again
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:16 pm 

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:50 am
Posts: 123
Location: Freeland, Michigan
It SHOULD look like a Lackawanna Herald - that was my inspiration. I was looking at the herald on the back of one of my Lackawanna books one day - Hmmm - Lack - Huck - yeah, that'll work!Someone commented once - "That looks like a Lackawanna herald!" My reply was, "Yes, I'm from Northern New Jersey", but it went right over their head. And, by the way, they're just magnets.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 464 runs again
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:34 pm 

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:17 pm
Posts: 553
Location: Ballard, WA
I got to check it out yesterday. I am very impressed and that engine runs very smoothly!The last time I was at the Huck I was a little kid, that was probably over 15 years ago, so I don't really remember the operations. I was pleased to see the 464 pulling a nice string of wooden coaches and a caboose at quite a good rate down the line!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 464 runs again
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:42 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Home of the Terrapins
Erich Russ wrote:
Dave Albright wrote:
Rode behind her a long time ago at Knott's. Is that a CB&Q logo on the tender?
It looks similar, but is says Huckleberry Railroad. I think it looks more like a Lackawanna Railroad logo.ImageFrom: http://www.trainweb.org/mmrhs/Erich
You're right, it does. Thanks for sharing the photo.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: