| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| 464 runs again https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18331 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 464 runs again |
Out of service for several years at the Huckleberry RR in Michigan, former D&RGW 2-8-2 464 is again operable. Several photos in the thread below:http://www.ngdiscussion.net/cgi-bin/NGDFcook.pl?read=63692 |
|
| Author: | Dave Lewandoski [ Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 464 runs again |
rode behind her several times. She is indeed a fine looker |
|
| Author: | Dave Albright [ Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 464 runs again |
Rode behind her a long time ago at Knott's. Is that a CB&Q logo on the tender? |
|
| Author: | Stephen Hussar [ Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 464 runs again |
Absolutely beautiful job. |
|
| Author: | Erich Russ [ Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 464 runs again |
Dave Albright wrote: Rode behind her a long time ago at Knott's. Is that a CB&Q logo on the tender? It looks similar, but is says Huckleberry Railroad. I think it looks more like a Lackawanna Railroad logo. From: http://www.trainweb.org/mmrhs/Erich
|
|
| Author: | Martyhuck [ Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 464 runs again |
It SHOULD look like a Lackawanna Herald - that was my inspiration. I was looking at the herald on the back of one of my Lackawanna books one day - Hmmm - Lack - Huck - yeah, that'll work!Someone commented once - "That looks like a Lackawanna herald!" My reply was, "Yes, I'm from Northern New Jersey", but it went right over their head. And, by the way, they're just magnets. |
|
| Author: | Chris Salmonson [ Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 464 runs again |
I got to check it out yesterday. I am very impressed and that engine runs very smoothly!The last time I was at the Huck I was a little kid, that was probably over 15 years ago, so I don't really remember the operations. I was pleased to see the 464 pulling a nice string of wooden coaches and a caboose at quite a good rate down the line! |
|
| Author: | Dave Albright [ Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 464 runs again |
Erich Russ wrote: Dave Albright wrote: Rode behind her a long time ago at Knott's. Is that a CB&Q logo on the tender? It looks similar, but is says Huckleberry Railroad. I think it looks more like a Lackawanna Railroad logo. From: http://www.trainweb.org/mmrhs/Erich |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|