| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| WMSR Question: What whistle is best on #734? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18341 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | WM734fan [ Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | WMSR Question: What whistle is best on #734? |
The Western Maryland Scenic Railroad in Cumberland, Maryland, has a ex-LS&I 2-8-0 built by Baldwin in 1916. The railroad puts a total of 4 whistles on her:C&O 3 chimeChinese 5 chimeHancock 3 chimeWM 3 chimeOf the four I like the Hancock 3 chime. What's your favorite? |
|
| Author: | steaminfo [ Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WMSR Question: What whistle is best on #734? |
I cannot resist:My favorite is a Great Northern 7-chime on Milwaukee Road 261 |
|
| Author: | TweetsieEngineer [ Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WMSR Question: What whistle is best on #734? |
the hancock 3 chime sounds real good on 734 |
|
| Author: | WM734fan [ Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: WMSR Question: What whistle is best on #734? |
LOL. The hancock is my favorite whistle of ALL TIME! That whistle has the deepest, strongest, howl of a roar I've ever heard! It's a keeper!-Colin |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|