Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

ACL 1031
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18398
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bobyar2001 [ Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  ACL 1031

At Spencer Shops:http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=2005082111411423530.jpg&bydate%3A62And SAL 544, a Russian decapod:http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=2005082111244215182.jpg&bydate%3A63And native Southern 2-8-0 542, not yet restored:http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=2005082111193611804.jpg&bydate%3A63And the Spencer backshop, with new windows. Have they hung the airplanes yet?http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=20050821110406752.jpg&bydate%3A64

Author:  John D [ Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ACL 1031

Hey Bob (and others),The DC-3 has not yet been hung-it's still sitting in the backshop, with its wings nearby. The photos are nice, even with small caption errors (the 1031 is a 4-6-0, not a 2-6-0 as labeled; and the Decapod has not been restored to operating condition).

Author:  jimwrinn [ Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:56 am ]
Post subject:  Back Shop

Artifacts continue to gather for the Back Shop, including an Amtrak F40 and a wheel lathe. Additional money is forthcoming to start putting the guts into the building. Jim Wrinn

Author:  scrmcurator [ Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ACL 1031

Somewhere or other I have some photos of the 1031 in the late '80s, before she went to Spencer. Right after I got my driver's license, I'd make trips over to Florence to climb over her and photograph her. The diesel shop was still in operation in Florence then, too, although in those days I didn't pay much attention to diseasles.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/