| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Tweetsie 190 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18481 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Tweetsie 190 |
Onetime USATC 2-8-2 from the White Pass & Yukon. Despite being located at a somewhat dated "wild west" tourist site, they take excellent care of their locomotives there.http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?pho ... ate%3A47No. 12, from the "real" Tweetsie, wearing authentic lettering for a recent special event:http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=2005082922224930820.jpg&bydate%3A47 |
|
| Author: | p51 [ Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Tweetsie 190 |
bobyar2001 wrote: Onetime USATC 2-8-2 from the White Pass & Yukon. Despite being located at a somewhat dated "wild west" tourist site, they take excellent care of their locomotives there. Darn straight they take good care of their locomotives. I hadn't been there since 1985, but I went back this past Friday to take a look around. "ET&WNC engineer" here was very helpful and nice, scoring me a cab ride on 190. I was worth the drive just to do that!#12 is in amazing shape as well. I didn't get to see her under steam, but riding in a WW2 Amy locomotive almost made up for that![/i]
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|