It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ERA Special & Releif fundraiser a success
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:55 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:48 am
Posts: 386
Location: Clayton NC
On Labor Day, McKinney Avenue Transit Authority (the "M-Line") had all 5 operating streetcars on the line at the same time, plus a speeder. Originally scheduled for the Electric Railroaders' Association annual trip, the day was also used to raise funds for Katrina Releif efforts. All farebox collections were sent to the releif. The special ran from Noon to 6pm. I was an operator (first on #636, then #186), so I didn't have much opportunity to take pictures myself, but being the ERA people were there, it was a well recorded event! You can find 'file photos' of the equipment on http://www.mata.org.

_________________
--Evan


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ERA Special & Releif fundraiser a success
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:32 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:48 am
Posts: 386
Location: Clayton NC
Here's the only picture of mine: http://www.tmny.org/mata_186_ld05.jpg I was operating 636 'til I was relieved at just after 3:00 at Cityplace. I grabbed a cold water, sat in the kiosk until the next car, 186 arrived, took this picture, and then was informed to take her out! This was my car until 6:15 when I parked it in the barn.

_________________
--Evan


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: