| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| ERA Special & Releif fundraiser a success https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18496 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Evan [ Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | ERA Special & Releif fundraiser a success |
On Labor Day, McKinney Avenue Transit Authority (the "M-Line") had all 5 operating streetcars on the line at the same time, plus a speeder. Originally scheduled for the Electric Railroaders' Association annual trip, the day was also used to raise funds for Katrina Releif efforts. All farebox collections were sent to the releif. The special ran from Noon to 6pm. I was an operator (first on #636, then #186), so I didn't have much opportunity to take pictures myself, but being the ERA people were there, it was a well recorded event! You can find 'file photos' of the equipment on http://www.mata.org. |
|
| Author: | Evan [ Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: ERA Special & Releif fundraiser a success |
Here's the only picture of mine: http://www.tmny.org/mata_186_ld05.jpg I was operating 636 'til I was relieved at just after 3:00 at Cityplace. I grabbed a cold water, sat in the kiosk until the next car, 186 arrived, took this picture, and then was informed to take her out! This was my car until 6:15 when I parked it in the barn. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|