Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

INteresting Book found on Ebay
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18516
Page 1 of 1

Author:  doowoppie [ Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  INteresting Book found on Ebay

Hi EverybodyHere is a link to an interesting book on Ebay. I dont usually post ebay sales here but I think this one is interesting enough to be worth it.http://cgi.ebay.com/1935-LOCOMOTIVE-TRA ... wItemCheck out the sellers other Items to, he has lots of them Railroad Related.Andrew

Author:  Dave Jandron [ Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Interesting Book found on Ebay

Taylor has a TON of great historical books for sale, I've purchased one myself. EXTREMELY INFORMATIVE if you find the right book for whatever restoration project you're working on, or if you're looking to create something in it's original historical context, they're good for that too. Some books are fairly cheap, but some of the more popular ones I've had to drop out after they got above $45 or so. The one I got was from 1942 and in what I would call MINT condition! So far, I haven't seen any brand-specific books, but they are more generic textbooks that describe in GREAT detail the parts and operation of each component with diagrams and charts and drawing galore! If you or your museum is in need of a reference guide for a particular subject, keep this person on your "watch" list... new books pop up all the time, and Taylor is a pleasant person to deal with... just don't expect feedback if that matters to you! I still haven't received mine, even after an email thanking him/her for the book! Oh well, that's the eBay way, not the first time, not the last!Good reads if you need historical reference!Dave Jandron

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/