It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Which engine will be running this weekend at Huckleberry RR?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:50 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:18 pm
Posts: 549
Location: Illinois
I will be Owosso and would like to see the 464 if I can.Chris J.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which engine will be running this weekend at Huckleberry
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:31 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:58 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Grand Haven, MI
I believe the park is closed this weekend, while they prepare for the holloween train.I take it you are stopping by SRI this weekend?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which engine will be running this weekend at Huckleberry
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:11 pm 

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:50 am
Posts: 123
Location: Freeland, Michigan
The correct answer is none. As Jason posted, we are shut down until Ghost Train, which starts October 8 and runs every evening until Halloween. Unless a problem develops we will be using 464 the rest of the year, Ghost Train and Christmas. We still have 62 service days left on the Ten-Wheeler, and as long as she passes her annual inspection we will run her 10 - 12 days a year until June 2011.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Opportunity with the Mudhen next month.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:40 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:21 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Wisconsin
Details are still coming together, but I am working on an opportunity at the Huckleberry for some photos with the Mudhen. It would be scheduled to take advantage of PM 1225's outing at Bay City Oct. 15-16. If you're interested, email me at Wrinnbo@aol.com. Cheers! Jim Wrinn


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opportunity with the Mudhen next month.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:49 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:58 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Is this going to be an actual photoshoot type of thing, or just visiting the park and taking pictures?I am intersted if this is something that will be set up where I can actually get some decent photos. Now that my 'L' glass just came in for my cameras ('L' Lenses are very high quality lenses, and cost a fortune) I can actually get some REALLY detailed photos. Up until now, the picture quality on my camera has been limited by my cheaper lenses.There is one particular shot that I have been dying to pull off for quite a while now, but I have to wait until there are leaves on the ground, and the trees are full of color.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: