| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Happy Birthday Southern 1643- 100 years old this month https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18555 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jd johnson [ Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Happy Birthday Southern 1643- 100 years old this month |
Hello all,It has been a while since I posted.Southern Railway 0-6-0 # 1643 turns 100 this month.For those of you who don't know, this engine was sold to the Morehead and North Fork Railway on may 14, 1952 for the grand sum of 3500.It is the only Southern 0-6-0 in existance and says Southern Railway on the front pilot casting.I wish my efforts to bring her back to life would have come to pass but I won't go into that saga at this time.Happy Birthday.JD Johnson, Morehead and North Fork Railroad Historian. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|